Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not More Random Whining

I am not whining so much today, because so far it's been okay. My income taxes are done and thank goodness we do not have to pay in. That done I rewarded myself with an afternoon movie. I do not go often, and I had a coupon. So I went to see "The Watchmen". I have not read the book so I went clueless.
It was a very long movie (do not drink anything, and empty your bladder folks or like me you will race to the bathroom as the end credits start, praying and dancing). The graphics were great, but then they have it down pat now don't they? It was a darker hero film, violent and either I have desensitized to foul language, or there wasn't much of it in this film. Some nudity (not long and I didn't think gratuitous, but frankly I really do not think any is necessary).

Sort of a sad ending and one that I would not have expected, but a little more honest than many superhero films. I did like it, and a film that benefits from being seen on the big screen. Yeah, I would see it again, but first I want to read the book.

I have started wandering around to other blogs and found a few I like. I am fascinated with the sites with the creepy/cute dolls right now. While I do not think I would like a houseful of them, I think the workmanship of their creators is truly wonderful. I have always been enamored with the Halloween imagery and the dark humor of it all.

So today I just took time to look around and enjoy. Although dark and dreary out (looks like rain), it cheered me up and made me smile. There are some neat sites out there aren't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoa, are you sure you want to say that?