Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Another Christmas...

Although I LOVE the "idea" of the Holiday Season, it never quite lives up to the memories from my childhood. Although foggy it used to be a time of visiting and good spirits. Yes it's been a while since I have visited this blog. Having given my other blog a permanent vacation, I am back here. As banks prepare to default and countries economies crashing pushes us over the edge it is almost impossible to maintain any type of Holiday Cheer.

In my own area stores that were once prosperous prepare to close their doors, some before the holiday a few after. Many will face job loss, as well as the loss of home and security. Still we try to hold onto some optimism. Maybe it won't be so bad? Maybe I will be lucky and it won't touch me? I stay way from the television and news hoping that by not hearing about this crisis on a daily, or hourly basis I can put it off and focus on what used to be a hopeful and joyous time.

That said I will hope. I will try not to let all the doom and gloom that those focused on what they feel is and impending Apocalypse seem determined to make happen drag me kicking and screaming along with them. I want to maintain my belief that much of this drama is self inflicted and if just once we put others ahead of or own needs and wants we can get through anything.

So I will silently pray for the better part of mankind to shine through, that we can make a difference for good, that we are able to prevent a meltdown if we all work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoa, are you sure you want to say that?